[ad – gifted] Hi friends! This week I’ve been feasting on one of Britain’s most popular snacks – popcorn! The folks at Popcorn Shed were kind enough to send me shed-loads of their gourmet popcorn to try (see what I did there?) and I’ve finally tested them all! For someone who doesn’t go “out out” (if you know, you know), I often have a lot of cosy nights in with friends or family watching TV and playing games. This always means tasty snacks, so when I heard about Popcorn Shed, I had to try them!
They offer seven delicious flavours:
- Salted Caramel – summery salted caramel with smooth, milk chocolate.
- Say Cheese! – rich, tangy and creamy mature cheddar popcorn.
- Berry-licious – a magical mixture of fruity tart raspberry and indulgent smooth rich dark chocolate.
- Butterly Nuts – a rich, creamy peanut butter caramel popcorn topped with real peanut halves for an irresistible crunch.
- Pop N Choc – yummy, smooth Belgian milk chocolate with a cocoa-infused caramel base.
- Pecan Pie – nutty, buttery, smooth caramel with golden roasted pecan pieces.
- Sweet Cheesus – a premium take on the classic ‘Sweet and Salty’ combo, this is a delciious mix of cheddar cheese and caramel.
Founders Sam and Laura started the business in 2016 in a garden shed in Britain. From there, Popcorn Shed was born and it has been growing ever since; they are the UK’s first super-premium popcorn brand and they won the Great Taste Award in 2017 for their salted caramel flavour (it is extremely good).
Even better, Popcorn Shed is handmade in the UK with the best, high-quality ingredients -it’s not mass produced, there are no huge factories and no GMO. Their products are made with all natural ingredients and they’re gluten free and vegan. I had intended on offering up some recipes to test Popcorn Shed with but before I realised, I had eaten all the packs! I did a bit of digging and I think the guys at Kitchn offer up some awesome recipe ideas here. Not only are these exciting flavours really tasty, but they look awesome and would make great gifts for the snack-lover in your life. Better still, treat yourself and get a delivery every 3, 6 or 12 months with their nifty subscription service!
Here are some of my favourite flavours:
- Salted Caramel – their salted caramel flavour really does live up to its award! The caramel is the perfect level of salty and the chocolate is wonderfully smooth but doens’t overpower the caramel. You’d be mad not to love this one!
- Berry-licious – at first this seemed a really unusual flavour combo, but the more I ate, the more delicious it was! The berry is fresh and tangy against the popcorn flavour and it’s guilt-free because there’s fruit in it, right?
- Pop N Choc – I was worried this would be too chocolate-y and a bit sickly, but there’s a really light, pleasant coating of chocolate on these and they are really delicious!
Popcorn Shed is perfect for a night in with friends watching the new season of Game of Thrones or as a gift for a foodie friend. With so many flavours to choose from, I reckon Popcorn Shed offer something for everyone.
I really love this down-to-earth, family-run brand and the effort that goes into its products (and their popcorn is delicious!). You should definitely give them a try if you haven’t already! If you had to pick a favourite flavour what would it be? I know I’ll be stocking up on Berry-licious and Salted Caramel!
The folks at Popcorn Shed sent me these products for free to test and tell you guys about, however I was not asked for a positive review in exchange. All of my views are my own, as always on this blog.